1. The mother's heart is the child's schoolroom
2. All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother.
3. A mother is the truest friend we have, when trials, heavy and sudden, fall upon us; when adversity takes the place of prosperity; when friends who rejoice with us in our sunshine, desert us when troubles thicken around us, still will she cling to us, and endeavor by her kind precepts and counsels to dissipate the clouds of darkness, and cause peace to return to our hearts.
4. A mother's yearning feels the presence of the cherished child even in the degraded man.
5. Let France have good mothers, and she will have good sons.
6. That best academy, a mother's knee.
7. Whatever else is unsure in this stinking dunghill of a world a mother's love is not.
8. Of all the rights of women, the greatest is to be a mother.
9. A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie.
10. When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.
11. Only mothers can think of the future-because they give birth to it in their children.
12. A mother had a slender, small body, but a large heart - a heart so large that everybody's grief and everybody's joy found welcome in it, and hospitable accommodation.
13. A mother understands what a child does not say.
14. Most mothers are instinctive philosophers.
15. A mother is not a person to lean on, but a person to make leaning unnecessary.
16. Being a full-time mother is one of the highest salaried jobs... since the payment is pure love.
17. Becoming a mother makes you the mother of all children. From now on each wounded, abandoned, frightened child is yours. You live in the suffering mothers of every race and creed and weep with them. You long to comfort all who are desolate.
18. Motherhood brings as much joy as ever, but it still brings boredom, exhaustion, and sorrow too. Nothing else ever will make you as happy or as sad, as proud or as tired, for nothing is quite as hard as helping a person develop his own individuality especially while you struggle to keep your own.
19. All that I am or ever hope to be, I owe to my angel Mother.
20. Mother love is the fuel that enables a normal human being to do the impossible.
21. If the whole world were put into one scale, and my mother in the other, the whole world would kick the beam.
22. Mother - that was the bank where we deposited all our hurts and worries.
23. There is only one pretty child in the world, and every mother has it.
24. Mother is the name for god on the lips and hearts of all children.
25. The real religion of the world comes from women much more than from men - from mothers most of all, who carry the key of our souls in their bosoms.
26. There was never a great man who had not a great mother -- it is hardly an exaggeration."
27. Time is the only comforter for the loss of a mother.